Tuesday, 29 March 2011

What am I doing?

This pretty much sums it all up... What am I doing...?

Why I decided to write a blog: I'm a nut and am currently watching the latest City Line, and guess what it is focused on.... BLOGS! Just call me a lemming!
So, why I really decided to write a blog; In the past 7 months my life has gone from routine to, what I can only describe as a volcano exploding. Now, this might sound negative, but I assure you, it is not. Praise Ala, nothing horrific has happened to anyone I love. So the story goes...

When I was in my early 20's I decided what I wanted to do with my life. I was going to work in fashion. I went to art school for a year, I then went into fashion design for 2 years, I then went into international fashion management for a year. About 8 months after I graduated I found myself in a job that was a career! Now, when getting to the bare bones of it, working in fashion is not as superficial and fake as the media portrays it. It's not all about being fabulous. It's about trying to be fabulous when people are looking. I was always the chubby girl, and between the age of 23 and 26 I managed to lose about 40 lbs, and when I started my career I found my weight creeping back up. Because you have to be fabulous when people are looking, this did not suit me. I put myself on a 1500 calorie diet and I taught myself about food. I figured out how I could eat a ton of food but keep my intake within 1500 calories.

I soon found myself talking non-stop to people about food and how it affects your body, about nutrients, about reasonable food choices, eating one thing over another, etc... and one day while I was rambling in the kitchen while at my career I had an epiphany... This is what I should be doing with my life! I realized I didn't love fashion. I didn't love talking to people about it, I didn't love learning about it, I didn't love educating people about it. So within 3 months I quit my job, moved up to my family cottage and started on my journey to becoming a Registered Dietitian.

After a month of being in the boonies I was moving out of my apartment in Toronto into a rented condo in the suburbs with my boyfriend. A month after that I was back working at the mall I was working at during high school and college, and also at the dental office I worked at during the same time.

So my life today is this; Since November 2010 I have been doing high school science part time, working in retail part time (although I have managed to give myself the title of staff supervisor, regardless of what my actual title is), working as a dental receptionist part time... oh, and a little thing happened in December, that boyfriend of mine asked me to marry him, so I am also planning a wedding.

... and why Sumo Scratch? Well, like I said in the beginning, I have no idea what I am doing here and couldn't think of a great name for this and just ended up writing down the first thing I saw... my cat Sumo scratching at the carpet.  What am I doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment