Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Have I been drinking?

The correct answer is no. The reason I ask is I can't seem to focus. All day I have been trying to define my little blog here. The best blogs have a specific topic rather than just diary entries.

So... do I focus on nutrition, what I have learned, my trials and tribulations during school? Do I focus on my wedding? Do I focus on Sumo? Perhaps I could simply (rather, not so simply) focus on all of these things? The worst though is when people get off topic... then it's just dull.

Well, perhaps question 1; Nutrition for today.
Whilst reading section 1.8 of my grade 12 chemistry book I learned about amines. Tremendously boring molecules that I can deduce will be very important in my future studies. You see, amines, which are made up of an ammonia molecule (NH3 if you will) in which a hydrogen atom or two have been replaced by an atom from the alkyl group or bromine, are part and parcel to amino acids... YES! AMINO ACIDS! What is an amino acid? Well, my friend, amino acids are what make up proteins. Omega 3? Amino acid!

Fascinating, no? Ok, probably not. But I find it quite interesting. NERD! What can I say? I really like getting down to the nitty gritty of things. I feel like, unless I know the whole story, I never fully understand.

Ok, not so focused, but a solid effort on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment